Signa Station running Leopard

akalaray

Can anyone tell me if there are any problems running Signa in Leopard? We are running in Tiger with no problems.

No problem with Leopard, also the latest version is officially supported on Snow Leopard but I did not test it yet.

Hi Guys,

I was looking for info on our database and just found that Snow Leopard 10.6 is supported for Signa 4.5 but make sure you update to Java 1.6.

In addtion, 10.4.11 and higher or 10.5.6 and higher are also supported

Regards,

Mark

I was looking for info on our database and just found that Snow Leopard 10.6 is supported for Signa 4.5 but make sure you update to Java 1.6.

In addtion, 10.4.11 and higher or 10.5.6 and higher are also supported

-------
Do you know when Signa AND Prepress Interface will
be supported under Windows 7
(How about Prinance)

MSD

Hi MSD,

I was told Windows 7 support will be with Prinect 2010 software release later this year, maybe end of summer.

Best regards,

Mark

Snow leopard

Snow leopard

Could you tell me, Does it take advantage of 64bit, does it run faster in Leopard or snow leopard.
I have a feeling it is going to run slower in leopard than Tiger?

Akalaray,

Looks like Mac is 32 bit. Currently, Signa can run on W2008 and W2008 SP2 at 64 bit and go greater then 4 gig of memory. Allot of other apps can too such as Signa Server, Meta Prep, Prepress Manager, Integration Manager Remote Access, Prepress Manager and Pressroom Manager Cockpits and Color Toolbox.

I do not know about the speeds on the Mac OS, not being a apps guy (Ray. remember, the last app I used was Chromacom B9 running on Siemens Org:)). Maybe the other guys can comment.

Take care,

Mark

Signa and leopard

Signa and leopard

Thanks Mark. I can always count on you to give me the info I need!
I'm also upgrading PDF toolbox, Assistant and Trap Editor. Do you think I should upgrade color editor?

Hi Ray,

If you use it and can upgrade, I would recommend to do so, that way the whole suite of PDF Toolbox is Acrobat 9 compatible. Take care Ray.

Regards,

Mark

instaling Signa and Licens server on Mac

instaling Signa and Licens server on Mac

I'm working on a mac tiger. Instaling now Leopard and I'm looking for instructions for installing signa and license server. Someone can help?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back