Xerox Versant 3100 - 13x19 sheet duplexing image registration and backup issues

CharlesS

Good day,

Are there any users here experiencing this?

When we run 13x19, 19x13 stock on our V3100 - we get a very erratic backup.

We would run in Tray 6. Do alignment and geometry and then run. The job would then jump side to side... as much as a quarter inch.
Our stock is accurate cut, and we have ruled out the file.
We print a lot of variable on this size so it's tough to just re-run some sheets when it's so erratic.

We switched to test in Tray 7. Did alignment, geometry etc.
The file runs and backs up perfectly - and it seemed to do so for months - so we thought.

We recently again started running into troubles.
We ran a job split into 1000 sheet, 2000 impression sections.
After about the 500 sheet mark, the job absolutely started moving everywhere.
Stop the job, re-start, re raster and it runs good for a while and then back to erratic.

I'm going to be honest here. We have mentioned it to service and it always came across as a problem they were not interested in looking into.
I really enjoy the service I get from Xerox but I'm not sure I see them coming in and blowing 500 sheets of paper to replicate the issue.

Any dialogue, tips, things to look at etc.. would be greatly appreciated!

Is the lower pressure roller and cleaner due for replacement? I just had a similar issue with my V3100, but with increments of 20 270gsm coated 13x19 sheets or 50ish 120gsm 13x19 sheets. Lower pressure roller was losing grip after getting heated up as far as I know. Also try swapping in a new fuser belt module- the belt will stretch over time and can cause registration drift.

Other possibilities
-Registration unit (to the left of the 2nd BTR) may need alignment.
-software based alignment calibration in technician mode
-static
-humidity
-dirty sensor
-sensors needing replacement

Good day,

Are there any users here experiencing this?

When we run 13x19, 19x13 stock on our V3100 - we get a very erratic backup.

We would run in Tray 6. Do alignment and geometry and then run. The job would then jump side to side... as much as a quarter inch.
Our stock is accurate cut, and we have ruled out the file.
We print a lot of variable on this size so it's tough to just re-run some sheets when it's so erratic.

We switched to test in Tray 7. Did alignment, geometry etc.
The file runs and backs up perfectly - and it seemed to do so for months - so we thought.

We recently again started running into troubles.
We ran a job split into 1000 sheet, 2000 impression sections.
After about the 500 sheet mark, the job absolutely started moving everywhere.
Stop the job, re-start, re raster and it runs good for a while and then back to erratic.

I'm going to be honest here. We have mentioned it to service and it always came across as a problem they were not interested in looking into.
I really enjoy the service I get from Xerox but I'm not sure I see them coming in and blowing 500 sheets of paper to replicate the issue.

Any dialogue, tips, things to look at etc.. would be greatly appreciated!
We recently had an issue in one of our V180's where the screw that was holding in the registration assembly was stripped, and it was causing similar issues to what you described. It's the screw in the lower left of the attached photo.

IMG_20240508_162510.jpg

Thanks for these suggestions! I appreciate it. I will check some of them out. I have ruled out the registration screw being stripped.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back