Xerox V80 pausing while printing after upgrading to a Fiery EX-80

Davemiller

Background: My wife runs a small Etsy business doing Baby Shower Invitations and Party Invitations. She worked at a print shop before starting her own business. We are very much amateurs and a very small business. We can do basic maintenance like changing drums, the developer unit, the developer powder, the fuser belt, etc. So we know the basic basics.

We recently upgraded our Xerox c550 to a Versant 80. It came with the Bustled EX-i and printed fine with no pausing. When we upgraded to the Fiery EX80 it pauses after about the same number of sheets each time. After 5 or 6 prints, it pauses and says printing will start automatically. When I change the network speed on the printer, where the pauses are happening changes, but they still happen. I am guessing it's a windows 10 setting or a network setting on the computer.

Does anyone know what's going on or can give us some direction on what it could be? Any help would be much appreciated.

Sounds like the same issue I had when moving one my units and rearranged the print room.
Even though it shouldn't matter these days.
I used a standard CAT5 end to end cable.
I found by replacing that with a CAT5 Crossover cable problem was solved, seems some of the older units have finicky Network Cards.

Sounds like the same issue I had when moving one my units and rearranged the print room.
Even though it shouldn't matter these days.
I used a standard CAT5 end to end cable.
I found by replacing that with a CAT5 Crossover cable problem was solved, seems some of the older units have finicky Network Cards.
Thanks for the input. I tried a few different cables and no luck. It may be one of the network cards conflicting with something else. When we first got the EX80, the network on the motherboard was conflicting with the imaging unit, and wouldn't allow it to work. So the guy that built it for us sent us another network card. So we have 2 network cards plug into the PCI.

Even if we print blank pages, every 6 pages it pauses. Ill keep trying but thank you so much for suggestion.

We had some issues(not the same issue though) with our integrated fiery on our Xerox Versant 80 and the engineer said you need a crossover cat5/6 cable between the fiery and the printer, then a standard patch cable between the printer and your network switch/router. This seemed to fix our issues so may be worth checking.

If you’ve got two network cards in the fiery, that might be causing confusion too so I’d remove one and keep just the newer one in.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back