Signa to shooter ''workflow''

motormount

Hi all,

In the printshop i worked a couple of years ago, i used to send the imposed pdf to metadimention from cockpit, then send meta send it to shooter, gave it a last check and send it to our ctp.

Now, there's a small shop who bought a ctp, signa/meta and shooter as ''standalone'' apps, and i'm trying to configure them.

Till now i've managed to send a test job from meta to shooter, creating a ''new'' job, then browsing for the imposed pdf, and then sending it to shooter.

I'd like some help on how to print/export straight from signa to meta and then meta sending a paused tiffb to shooter.

Thanks in advance.

Everything is hot folder based. All you need is follow the built-in help and pdf files in the Doku folder.

To be honest, i'd be very surprised if the built in help and heidi's pdf files provides proper guidance for an operator on how to set up the hot folders.
The guys that installed and configured 2011 prinect in the shop i worked back then, arrived with a 20pages ''manual'' which they followed step by step, and the way it looked was really different from built in documentation.
Nevertheless, it's better than nothing, so thanks for pointing that out!

I had a brief view on 2016 documentation, much better than 2011 - as far as i remember it-, lets hope the builtin help has improved too...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back