SigncutPro 2

BigSi

Hi there. I'm a newbie to this software. Hoping some one can save me a lot of time working out the best way to attack this. I have just got a trial version at the moment and want to make sure it will do what I want before I purchase.

I print a lot of labels on my Xerox production press (not vinyl) just standard self adhesive. I want to kiss cut
a di line on my Mutoh vc 1300. I send to my Xerox as a pdf. I can put a kiss cut line in on separate layer or on the same layer as a "named" spot colour, happy to do what ever works. (I create in adobe illustrator)

The issue is-
I need to mesh it in with the optical registration marks that get created in Signcut. What is the best way to do this?. Maybe import as a pdf ? Get a Signcut plug in for AI. I haven't spent much time trying different options at this stage. Just hoping to get you thoughts? One potential issue is my AI is a mac version and Signcut is on my PC (do they make a mac version of Signcut? and/or do they make a mac version of the Signcut plug in.) Do Signcut even do a plug in for AI?. Do I even need a plug in? beginning to spin out
:)

What is the best way to do this? I realise it's probably quite straight forward but nice to have some input.

thanks Simon

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back