Skew and Reg on KM6500 fixing using Chart Adjustment

I was on another thread and read a response by Mark Kahle with Konica Minolta regarding a way to get tighter registration with the Chart Adjustment feature on the KM6500 and 6501. He said if you emailed him he would send the intructions. I did and I am very happy with the results. We ran the Chart adjustment once and got inspec for skew by being only 1mm out front to back on skew and ran it again and we were right on. I will tell you that you need to be measureing very small distances in the corners of the prints with a light table to see the difference from front to back. I recomend spending $100.00 and getting a 8" digital caliper from someplace like https://www.shoprutlandtool.com/catalog/precision-tools and call them and tell them you want a cheap digital caliper that will read 8" min. I bought the 12" for about $100.00 and a 24" one for about $200.00 (not needed for this adjustment but nice to have to measure precisely on the 19" edge of paper). they have much more expensive ones but for measuring paper the cheaper ones will do.

Without a digital caliper it would be a pain to do this adjustment and you need 8" one to read the front side of the test print.

I have posted the instructions I got from Mark on my website at:
http://proofs.groupimaging.com/gi/konicaminolta/C6500PaperAdjustmentProcedure.doc

I would like to hear how you do when you try this. I did see that you have to measure only the lines on the front test, not to the edge of the paper if the line does not got ot the edge.

I looked in the KM manuals and could not find anything even close to enough info to make you able to perform this test without Mark's notes. I showed this to my KM tech today and he had never been trained on this and was going to take it to a customer and test it himself this week.

Thanks for posting Grouimaging - Feel free to use this procedure, and enjoy. Many techs for some odd reason do not know about this procedure, not sure honestly why.

I find this procedure to be great when handling skew on a variety of paper types, weights and finishes, and if done correctly can easily put your registration back into spec and then some, as they say spec on these machines is +/- 2mm, but I have seen far better and its repeatable if you do this procedure correctly.

If anyone has any questions regarding this procedure feel free to contact me, the procedure has my contact info, again Grou, I am always here should you need to get ahold of me. I am just sorry that your local tech, did not know about this procedure, although now he can be more efficient and may provide even better service to you, and to others.

Thanks

Mark Kahle
Account Executive
Konica Minolta Graphic Imaging
[email protected]

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back