Slow Delivery Pile

Pressmanscooter

The delivery table of my '92 CD 102 is now only going up and down in slow speed. From what I can see there's a switch at the and of a lever and a ultrasonic sensor. My guess is the ultrasonic sensor is bad. Anyway I can test or bypass this?

Thanks

Scott

Well it's bi-passed itself now and you need an electrician. You will just have to put up with it for the day or until you get one over there.
Years ago they had an emergency manual lift, you just stuck a handle in the appropriate orifice and a couple of cranks the delivery board was up.
That was all mechanical no electronics at all. It worked every time too, no problem, imagine that,

Your ultra sonic sensor might have a little green light on it that is hard to see, that will tell if it's working or not. If you have the old style with no light you can use the input and output screen in service(wrench#1) on the cptronic to check the sensor and the switch on the end of the lever. Go to wrench #1, then hit the button that has the "box with two arrows" above it, then use + and- to get to EAK2_12 for delivery. You'll see a bunch of 1's and 0's, 1 means 24V DC at output/out is controlled, 0 means 0 V at input- broken/incomplete or "no input change" output is not controlled. You'll notice the 1 and 0 are numbered 1-8, 9-16 etc all the way down to 57-64. This is where you need a tech to help because they will have a list that coincides with the number, example row 9-16, #12 changes when you hit the pile down button:

second row down:

9-16 1000 0000 you should see "0" #12 change to a "1" when you hit the pile down button. This tells you "yes I am working" I have my 24V.

so when the pile is going down and you are holding the down button row 9-16 will look like this:

9-16 1001 0000

If you know what each number represents you can determine which switch is not working.

The switch for the lever where the ultrasonic is mounted is #17:

17-24 0000 0000 and will change to 1 when lever is all the way down off the delivery plate. If you don't see this change then something is up with the switch.

These are the ones I know of that change when the pile is quick down from full up:

25-32 0000 0000 goes to 1
33-40 0111 1111 goes to 1 when the pile slows down about 6 inches from the floor
25-32 0000 1010 goes to 0 with pile down

Another thing to check are the two switches on the delivery pile up/down chains underneath the OS cover (above and to the right of the spray powder unit). Most people do not know about them because they are hidden well. You have to reach your hand way up in the cover to get to them (we cut a hole and make a little door, the newer presses have a little latch). The switches have cams, if your delivery is dirty with powder these can stick sort of in between where they are supposed to be and cause the quick pile down to not work. edit- quick pile up will not work either. Here's a pic of the switches:

photo (14).JPG

Good luck man, delivery pile problems can be a hassle but luckily it's usually something simple.

Mike

Last edited:
Mike, You the Man!!! It was the chain switches on the OS. Thanks for all of the other CPC info. I'm always curious about what that stuff does.

Thanks

Scooter

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back