SM 74 Registration Problem

mrmagenta

For the last couple of days we've been having a problem with our red being out of register on four color jobs. Reg. is perfect everywhere except for a spot about 4" from gripper all the way across the sheet. Happening on first pass and on different stocks, txt and cover weight. Press or pre-press issue? Any ideas?

Have you tried swapping units to see if the problem follows the plates or stays with the unit. Whenever there are consistent registration issues with a specific color/unit, i'm always hesitant to start my search in Prepress..

Switching units fixed reg. problem so it's not a pre-press issue. cleaned grippers before swithing units but did not help.

is it 4" and the rest of the form or a 1" swath all the way accross. could be a broken/dinged tooth in a gear. but I would think you could hear that.

S-74 Registration Problem

S-74 Registration Problem

S-74 is know to shear impression pins on unit 3 on the O side of press this may be the reason for the miss register, its an double pin,pull side cover, and go one impression and watch, the impression lever and shaft for movement,

For the last couple of days we've been having a problem with our red being out of register on four color jobs. Reg. is perfect everywhere except for a spot about 4" from gripper all the way across the sheet. Happening on first pass and on different stocks, txt and cover weight. Press or pre-press issue? Any ideas?

you are saying just 4'' from gripper, check it with low tack ink, or qickreleasing blanket

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back