Software for dot gain

Alex Arriaza

i was told yesterday that there is a software that makes your color proof more real, its the first time ive heard this, this software gives "dots" to the colorproof match, so it will be really close to the real thing.

do you know the name of the software, is it compatible with AGFA sherpa 24 (Epson Stylus 7600 Pro)

Thanks

Well you can buy the dot4dot option from Agfa if getting a simulation halftone dot on your proof is what you're looking for. From what I heard and seen (not talking about Agfa here but other halftone simulation color rips) I'm not sure you can get the same color accuracy than non screened proofs...

You have to find the Agfa office or dealer of your region. They can ask for a time limited demo licence. But be aware that you will only see raster until 175 lpi because of the resolution of the printer. also important to know that the proof matching can consume more time. Which version do you use?

i was told yesterday that there is a software that makes your color proof more real, its the first time ive heard this, this software gives "dots" to the colorproof match, so it will be really close to the real thing.

@Alex - the title of your question was "Software for dot gain"
To be clear...using software to represent halftone dots on your proof is not to show dot gain. It is to try and predict halftone problems like subject moiré.

best, gordon p

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back