SOLD UK SALE - Konica Minolta C3070 LESS THAN 300k clicks

gazfocus

A sale for this machine had been agreed but the dealer has not made contact in well over a week so putting this back up for sale.

Konica AccurioPress C3070
3 drawer air assisted feeder
FS532 finisher with Hole Punch and Staple modules
Integrated Fiery controller
Includes 4 brand new Coroners
Less than 300,000 clicks from new
Printer has been on a service contract with KM from new.

I have to say I absolutely love this machine. I’m selling as I just don’t have the space to keep this and our Xerox anymore so one needs to go.

Any interested buyer is more than welcome to come and take a look at the machine and if needed I can arrange delivery via a van with a tail lift which I will include in the asking price.

Looking for £12k including vat which given such low usage, is an absolute steal.

Printer is located in Lancashire. Please drop me a pm if interested.

Attachments

• IMG_8873.jpeg
    IMG_8873.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 156
  • IMG_8877.jpeg
    IMG_8877.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 138
  • IMG_8879.jpeg
    IMG_8879.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_8881.jpeg
    IMG_8881.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 123
  • IMG_8874.jpeg
    IMG_8874.jpeg
    791.3 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_8875.jpeg
    IMG_8875.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_8876.jpeg
    IMG_8876.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 127
care to share the dealers details? (and how much you sold it for so i can negotiate a good deal! )

Now that you have sold it, any bad experiences with KM? how do you compare it with the Xerox?

care to share the dealers details? (and how much you sold it for so i can negotiate a good deal! )

Now that you have sold it, any bad experiences with KM? how do you compare it with the Xerox?
It was sold a couple of months back so I would assume they’ve sold it on already. I will get the dealers details and pm you though.

Honestly, I loved the Konica. A few things drove me nuts like banding every now and again but there are far more videos on YouTube to guide you through troubleshooting a KM than there are with Xerox. Most of the time it just needed a new corona but seemed to go through them a fair bit.

For the most part, service was good with KM as well (our contract was with Konica direct so no third parties and they would be here next day generally). The only time I lost it with Konica was an engineer changed the belt on the fuser and since then I kept getting temperature warnings that would shut down the printer with several sheets of paper throughout the paper path. I was calling an engineer back almost daily until I eventually got the service manager here and he authorised a whole new fuser.

Toners were sometimes difficult to get hold of and it didn’t help that our sales rep came in one day and swooped a load of our toners to take to his other customers, then when we needed toner, I had to resort to eBay (as well as paying my click charge). This evened itself out in the end because I kept toners that KM supplier at the end of the service contract to compensate but was quite frustrating at the time.

In terms of the Xerox, I don’t want to trash it too much but it’s nothing compared to the Konica. In fairness, the Konica was a newer machine than the Xerox, the Konica could auto duplex 350gsm and even 400gsm if you told the machine it was 350gsm, whereas the Xerox is only supposed to do 300gsm (it can do 350gsm if you tell the printer it’s 300gsm).

The main reason we kept the Xerox vs the Konica was that we have the booklet finisher and the square fold trimmer on the Xerox which is something we use a fair bit. It also helped that the resale value for the Konica was probably twice that of the Xerox.

We seem to have issue after issue with the Xerox though, and I don’t know if we just don’t use it enough (which is what the techs tell us), or whether it’s just a crappy machine, but there are definitely some good points.

Number one (and the biggest plus) is SIQA. The ability to perform automatic adjustments for each paper stock has been a game changer. Two frustrations with it though: 1) you can only perform SIQA on A3, not SRA3 and 2) you can only use the document feeder upto a certain gsm. Failing that you have to use the scanner glass and then your results largely depend on how accurate you are at placing the sheets straight etc.

In terms of our future machines, I’d have to say I’d be more likely to go with a Konica but having said that, if I can get a Xerox Versant 3100 at a good price, I’d be all over it.

It was sold a couple of months back so I would assume they’ve sold it on already. I will get the dealers details and pm you though.

Honestly, I loved the Konica. A few things drove me nuts like banding every now and again but there are far more videos on YouTube to guide you through troubleshooting a KM than there are with Xerox. Most of the time it just needed a new corona but seemed to go through them a fair bit.

For the most part, service was good with KM as well (our contract was with Konica direct so no third parties and they would be here next day generally). The only time I lost it with Konica was an engineer changed the belt on the fuser and since then I kept getting temperature warnings that would shut down the printer with several sheets of paper throughout the paper path. I was calling an engineer back almost daily until I eventually got the service manager here and he authorised a whole new fuser.

Toners were sometimes difficult to get hold of and it didn’t help that our sales rep came in one day and swooped a load of our toners to take to his other customers, then when we needed toner, I had to resort to eBay (as well as paying my click charge). This evened itself out in the end because I kept toners that KM supplier at the end of the service contract to compensate but was quite frustrating at the time.

In terms of the Xerox, I don’t want to trash it too much but it’s nothing compared to the Konica. In fairness, the Konica was a newer machine than the Xerox, the Konica could auto duplex 350gsm and even 400gsm if you told the machine it was 350gsm, whereas the Xerox is only supposed to do 300gsm (it can do 350gsm if you tell the printer it’s 300gsm).

The main reason we kept the Xerox vs the Konica was that we have the booklet finisher and the square fold trimmer on the Xerox which is something we use a fair bit. It also helped that the resale value for the Konica was probably twice that of the Xerox.

We seem to have issue after issue with the Xerox though, and I don’t know if we just don’t use it enough (which is what the techs tell us), or whether it’s just a crappy machine, but there are definitely some good points.

Number one (and the biggest plus) is SIQA. The ability to perform automatic adjustments for each paper stock has been a game changer. Two frustrations with it though: 1) you can only perform SIQA on A3, not SRA3 and 2) you can only use the document feeder upto a certain gsm. Failing that you have to use the scanner glass and then your results largely depend on how accurate you are at placing the sheets straight etc.

In terms of our future machines, I’d have to say I’d be more likely to go with a Konica but having said that, if I can get a Xerox Versant 3100 at a good price, I’d be all over it.
Thanks so much for the very useful insight. Not sure if i want to buy this now or not! lol you convinced me both ways!

I hear what your saying, and appreciate the time you took to write the above.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back