[SOLVED] iJetColor 1175P - Not printing to edge - First week with machine so probably something on my end. ALSO imprinting on masters issue.

Make_It_So

Greetings,
After some bumps after installation I am finally trying to print my first order. It's 25,000 business reply envelopes. The black bars to the left of the indidia are supposed to go pretty close to the edge of the envelope but it is deleting around 3mm from the edge. Any chance someone can fill me in on a setting that will allow printing to the edge? Thanks.

Another bit of oddness is that when I try to print imprints on master envelopes (logo printed offset), the image moves a LOT up and down from the lead edge. This does not happen when printing on blank envelopes.

[SOLVED] The solution is to adjust the media size a little larger.

Last edited:
It seems the skew is the issue. It's pretty bad when outputting the grid pattern and nothing we do to the skew adjustment screw seems to do anything. Service guy is having the same problem. He actually replaced the skew adjustment after install because it was all stripped out. The struggle goes on.

EDIT: Skew issue has been resolved. The edge deletion remains.

Last edited:
I never really figured this out with our iJetColor but we didn't have any customers who were requesting it so I never really dove into figuring out to resolve it.

I have not run an iJetColor but on a Memjet there is a "Purge Bar Position" that we have had to adjust to get our presses to be able to full bleed. It is basically telling the press where it can purge the heads between sheets/envelopes. And we just needed to move it a bit further away from the edge so the press had enough time to do what it needed to make it all happen. Maybe there is an option for this on yours too.

Regs for BRM call for the FIM to be within 1/8" from the edge. I have found as long as I am near that (and sometimes even further) I have not had any complaints.

But this is odd, are you making your envelope size bigger so you can bleed to the edge? Should be able to do bleed with no problem. I can bleed to the edge with a colormax so I know that 1175p should be able to.

Regs for BRM call for the FIM to be within 1/8" from the edge. I have found as long as I am near that (and sometimes even further) I have not had any complaints.

But this is odd, are you making your envelope size bigger so you can bleed to the edge? Should be able to do bleed with no problem. I can bleed to the edge with a colormax so I know that 1175p should be able to.
Making the envelope dimensions a tad bigger was a thought of mine. This particular order doesn't actually bleed, but needs to be very near the edge.

Adjust your top of form setting. It's under "HP Advanced" in the maintenance tab if I remember correctly. Mine is around 32000 and it will get the FIM bars right where they need to be. As far as the print moving you need to train your input sensor. On the back of the printhead there's a "Teach" button. To train the sensor you need to put an envelope under the sensor. Press "teach", the small screen will say "2nd" and you remove the envelope. That will get the sensor to read your leading edge correctly. If the preprinted part is under the sensor that will cause problems as it can't read through the print most likely. Maybe try a different orientation.

We just installed 2 colormax 8 machines. We are getting away with adjusting the file size larger than the envelope size. Our only problem is the image skew we have to go back to prepress and skew the file.

Using the colormax you can adjust your print location in the print driver, make sure and put it in inches, that always throws me off.

We just installed 2 colormax 8 machines. We are getting away with adjusting the file size larger than the envelope size. Our only problem is the image skew we have to go back to prepress and skew the file.
My kingdom for "rotate .xxx" on the DFE

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back