Some questions on i-cut/Esko file set up, mainly for yard signs

NW3@PPC

I feel like I'm wasting a bunch of time and there's surely a more efficient way to handle this, but I haven't been able to figure it out on my own. For one example, I have a PDF with about 60 pages of yard signs going on coroplast. They need to be rotated 90 degrees, scaled to 97%, and print both sides the exact same. As far as I can tell, this requires me to duplicate all of the pages in Acrobat, manually rotate all of them, and then apply the scale % in i-cut manually to each individual page, which is just absurd. Surely I'm missing something, but googling has not helped any so far.

Hi NW3,

I don't have iCut or anything Esko but there might be a solution that could work outside of iCut/Esko. If you have a Mac, you can run the following AppleScript (if you don't have a Mac, I'm sure a JavaScript could be written) on your PDF which will duplicate each page in the PDF :

tell application "Adobe Acrobat"
activate
set DocName to name of active doc --determine document name of the PDF
set HighPage to count of page --determine Number of pages in the PDF
repeat with i from HighPage to 1 by -1
insert pages document DocName after i from document DocName starting with i number of pages 1
end repeat
end
tell

After that, if you have Pitstop, you could write an Action List that will rotate and resize the pages as needed. Does this help any?

Best regards,
pd

Last edited:
Hi NW3,

I don't have iCut or anything Esko but there might be a solution that could work outside of iCut/Esko. If you have a Mac, you can run the following AppleScript (if you don't have a Mac, I'm sure a JavaScript could be written) on your PDF which will duplicate each page in the PDF :

tell application "Adobe Acrobat"
activate
set DocName to name of active doc --determine document name of the PDF
set HighPage to count of page --determine Number of pages in the PDF
repeat with i from HighPage to 1 by -1
insert pages document DocName after i from document DocName starting with i number of pages 1
end repeat
end
tell

After that, if you have Pitstop, you could write an Action List that will rotate and resize the pages as needed. Does this help any?

Best regards,
pd

Well to share what I learned in case someone else needs the info, there is actually an option to bulk scale and back up graphics in iCut. After importing, on the Graphics tab with all graphics selected, it's the little [ i ] looking button at bottom right. This gives you the option to set scale and there's a toggle to use the same art for the back. However, it does not rotate the back, or at least I have not figured out how to yet, so it would print upside down. Sigh. Progress at least.

Well to share what I learned in case someone else needs the info, there is actually an option to bulk scale and back up graphics in iCut. After importing, on the Graphics tab with all graphics selected, it's the little [ i ] looking button at bottom right. This gives you the option to set scale and there's a toggle to use the same art for the back. However, it does not rotate the back, or at least I have not figured out how to yet, so it would print upside down. Sigh. Progress at least.
If I understand correctly, the back orientation of the turnover is set during document creation.

Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 10.55.31.png

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back