SORSZ conventional Damping

saheb

Hello every one
I have SORSZ machine ,its old machine but in very good condition,its damping system is conventional (reciprocating roller ) so i would like to know if some one try to change the old damping system to continous damping? and if so do you think its will work like original machine that equipped with continuous damping system? please advice me because i really hate this old system but i very love this machine although its old

Regards

Babylon

Are you running a cover on the water form or are you running a (Bare Back) rubber roller?

Hello dear CKL ,i am running cover on the water form rollers,but i have no idea about the ( Bare Back rubber roller) so can you explain to me please?

re Bare Back

re Bare Back

Hi Babylon, Bare Back simply means using a Rubber Roller as a Damping Forme Roller - without it being covered in Molleton Fabric .

Reagards, Alois

hi Alois Senefelder
Thanks for illustration,but i think its impossible to work without the cover,do any one try that before? i did try that long time ago but i got more difficults specially at start up !

Respected Sir / Madame,

We Are Honored, To Present Our Credentials, As One Amongst The Leading
Used - Printing & Graphic, Machinery,
Importers In India.

The Globe Is Our Workplace And We Make The Procurements Most Professionally And Judiciously To Provide Our End Users With The Best In Technology, Durability And Economy.

Please Add Us, To Your Data Base,
And Send Us, Your Stock List, Regularly.

We Will Definitely, Have Some Business In The Near Future.

We Have The Customers.

At Present We Are Looking For One Of Our Buyer The Following Machines:--

Heidelberg Offset

SORSZ & SORDZ

2 Colors, Straight Machines,
Machine Should Be In Good Condition
Size Of SORSZ Should Be 72 X 102
Please Give Us The Complete Details With Photographs & Complete Serial Nos.

Thanks.
Waiting For Your Reply,
Warm Regards.........
Happy Maniktala
[email protected]
New Delhi, India
Phone: - +++ 91 - 98100 3 2424
Fax : - +++ 91 11 2811 2323

Kompac are pretty good, even a hybrid system (bareback form retaining molleton vibrator) is a better solution than ridgy didge conventionals..have also used an aquaprint system that uses a bareback roller and a metering roller as per normal alcohol dampening and provides good adjustability, but makes re-setting rollers a pain..

do the hybrid systems perform well? i once heard they did strange things, but i havent run one myself.
Im just unsure if adding integration thats not factory per se would be a problem, for example on large coverage areas with reversings etc all over it. The manufacturers say they run up to colour quicker, and are generally stable, are there any other benefits?

do the hybrid systems perform well? i once heard they did strange things, but i havent run one myself.
Im just unsure if adding integration thats not factory per se would be a problem, for example on large coverage areas with reversings etc all over it. The manufacturers say they run up to colour quicker, and are generally stable, are there any other benefits?

as opposed to the original molleton covered vibrator+2 formes, the hybrid with the single bare back forme works pretty well, much less in the way of hickeys with a cleaner sharper print in genereal, but can be a little sensitive to ink and water balance, at least in my experience.. Easier to clean up to as you just drop inkers+dampener onto plate during washup while lifting out vibrator.. can get away with washing it once a day depending on amount of clean ups.. I had no probs running full size solids with fine reversed out screens on a GTO52ZP, excepting for the heart attack you get when you see a full brown solid on the proof :) "you want me to run WHAT on the GTO??"

Last edited:
Think twice

Think twice

I had run a SORKZ for quite a few years. The press had conventional damps on it. You may be creating more problems for yourself in the long run.

Use 1 water form and clean it daily, you should have good luck. Do this by locking the water ductor to the off position while washing up the press. After you are done with the ink roller washup, drop the water form onto the plate and hit the ink and water rollers one more time or until the plate is clean (use water miscible solution if possible).

The press was made for conventional damps, but if you have luck in other areas, please post.

Regards,
Paul
Pressman since 1979

Hello every one
I have SORSZ machine ,its old machine but in very good condition,its damping system is conventional (reciprocating roller ) so i would like to know if some one try to change the old damping system to continous damping? and if so do you think its will work like original machine that equipped with continuous damping system? please advice me because i really hate this old system but i very love this machine although its old

Regards

Babylon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please give me more details.
[email protected]

the conventinal dampening system on an s model heidelberg was a proven and reliable system. there was much more maintenance required due to having to change cloth coverings but in the hands of an experienced pressman the system was capable of delivering some pretty impressive results. I think that the level of craftsmanship in the trade these days would have you hard pressed to find someone that could effectively run this system as someone with that skillset would probably be working in a supervisory capacity or at the very least running a larger multicolor press. Not sure if in this current market it would pay to retrofit an aftermarket continuos dampening system to this press due to the high cost. If you do find yourself sticking with the conventional system feel free to private message me for some tips on how to best make it work. Good luck with whatever your choice is.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back