Spectroeye

Alberto

Hello Everybody!

(apologize for my english first)

I've got some troubles with my spectroeye (very old version : year 2000 - firmware 1.11).
In prepress they tried to upgrade it to 1.94 to load new Pantone libraries on it but they failed: it resetted all settings including our serial number etc.. :(
And the worst thing is that now it doesn't works at all... X-rite tech support just answered there's a flat cost (a bit expensive in my opinion: about 700 €) to restore it!
I searched old firmware on the web to try to restore it myself but i didn't find anything..
If someone could help I would appreciate! :)

I would also appreciate to know what you think about restoring the instrument.. Do you think it worth the cost or should we buy a new spectrophotometer? Maybe something more accurate? (in my personal opinion I do prefer Techkon instruments right now)

Thank you :)

Best regards.

Alberto

Hello,

Personally, I would have it repaired. A new device will cost you much more.
Repairing also means that the device will be recertified, so that you can be sure the device measures correctly. My Eye One Pro and Spectro Eye give results within 1 delta E of each other, because I have them recertified every 15 months or so.

Regards,
Yann

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back