Spectrphotometer Free Software?

awiggin13

Hi all,
We have an Xrite i1 PRO spectrophotometer which was given to us by FUJI to calibrate our 40" presses and Epson proofer, and we use Xerox digital presses. We purchased a second hand V180, and since we purchased it earlier this year, the color has been very off. Much more saturated, high levels of magenta etc.
Any way, we do not have licensing for iProfiler or Fiery Color Profile Suite, is there ANY free options to measure and apply or at least measure and view so I can manually adjust in CWS?
I have downloaded Argyll, but lo, I am not a coder and code language is not something I have time nor will to bother with at the moment.
Suggestions?

You can use Xrite i1 PRO spectrophotometer to calibrate the V180. Does the not help with the default output profiles.

You can use Xrite i1 PRO spectrophotometer to calibrate the V180. Does the not help with the default output profiles.
We have tried to create individual calsets and no matter, the V180 color is off. The measurements tend to say they are < 2% visual difference, however most print jobs are far out of color spec.

The Xrite i1 PRO is a very old spectrophotometer. That could be your problem. Better just purchase for EFI the whole Fiery Color Profile Suite with new spectrophotometer. There is no cheap way to get correct color and you can't afford to keep printing uncorrect color.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back