Split Reader's Spread Pages

urbis72

Hi people

I have problems with split spreads, I use Prinergy connect,

pdf that I have

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/2228/clipboard01gr.jpg

when I use the option BINDIG STYLE, Refine by
Together, I get this (showing only one page)

here is amiss, because I do not bleed on the right side

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3787/bleedright0.jpg

, but when the Refine except BINDIG STYLE Centerfold Bleed 0.5 plug and get this,

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9278/okbleed.jpg

and to me it seems ok, because it has bleeds with both
two sides of the same, but when you pull in templates

nothing happens? is still not centered

can help

Hi, Urbis,
It's a bit hard to tell what's happening, since you don't show the TrimBox lines on the various versions of the PDF.

Maybe something to point you in the right direction:
Check the TrimBox of the original PDF (example, use Geometry plugin). The pagespread splitting feature relies on an accurate TrimBox on the original file in order to determine the correct position of the resulting split pages.

It kind of looks like the result you get with the 0.5" centerfold bleed is working correctly.
Are you trying to center the page on the imposition positions, or just letting them snap into place as normal? If you don't need the Center page feature, you might get better results by not using it.

Good luck!
James

Hi, Urbis,
It's a bit hard to tell what's happening, since you don't show the TrimBox lines on the various versions of the PDF.

Maybe something to point you in the right direction:
Check the TrimBox of the original PDF (example, use Geometry plugin). The pagespread splitting feature relies on an accurate TrimBox on the original file in order to determine the correct position of the resulting split pages.

Here's a link to pdf

2_3_PRIPx.p1.pdf

2_3_PRIPx.p1.pdf

geometry for a plugin, we do not have a license

It kind of looks like the result you get with the 0.5" centerfold bleed is working correctly.
Are you trying to center the page on the imposition positions, or just letting them snap into place as normal? If you don't need the Center page feature, you might get better results by not using it.

includes self-centering page

Hi, there, Urbis,

Firstly, I don't think the geometry editor plugin is licensed -- if you have Prinergy, it should install as part of the Workshop install.

The file you post show that it is indeed a problem with the file -- the TrimBox appears to be at the edge of the untrimmed paper (i.e. at the MediaBox) -- the TrimBox doesn't align to the crop marks as one would expect it to.

If you fix the TrimBox on the incoming file, the spread splitting feature will work as expected.

Cheers,
James

Callas pdfToolbox 4.3 plug-in (and included standalone version) can bust up the reader spreads into a two page PDF. One side per page. Very easy to do...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back