Spot colour change through Indd

DHenry

Hello,

My name is Daniel and i am new here, so hello to all. To start with I am using CS3 from an Intel based Mac and printing on an 4 colour Indigo 3050.

I am having an issue regarding spot colours, CS3 and output to our Indigo 3050.

My client has supplied 3 pieces of artwork as PDF's, a business card, letterhead and compslip. The artwork has been setup using a pantone spot colour. Here is my problem.

If i send a PDF directly to the press the result from the press is very, very close to the pantone. Great.

If i then impose the compslips or the business cards using indesign or the YoursTruly Imposition plugin within indesign, than the spot colour changes quite drastically. You can see the results within acrobat or on paper.

I feel i have tried every colour setting within indesign and distiller and to no avail. I have turned of CMS, i have told it to leave colour unchanged i have told it to convert to CMYK and to leave the spot colours alone but everytime leads to the same result.

It seems as though the spot colour changes if it has anything to do with Indesign.

Why does the colour change if the PDF is brought through Indesign? And why does the RIP/press handle the spot colour really well and Indesign change it? Also, what is the professional way of handling and imposing PDF's with spot colours?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ok, i have answered my own question.

If i preflight the original PDF's with the digital(colour) profile in Acrobat then i can impose in indesign and my colours remain the same. Cheers.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back