stand alone or webbased app

puckney

I am looking for a standalone or web based app that allows a customer to design their own Business card. It will basically be used in store. It should have lots of templates etc available. Can anyone suggest one I can take a look at?

Thanks...what I really want is something that doe snot identify the website/application. My customers must assume that it is my software that they are using to create their b-card, Also ecommerce is not necessary. They must just be aple to create their b-card and submit it for printing. They will pay in-store

We just had someone from EFI come in and walk us through their online portal, I was pretty impressed, really hoping we get it. You can read more about it here: EFI OPS - Advanced Web-Based Solutions. They had mentioned that they offer bare-bones packages that you can add modules to as needed, so it might be right up your alley. They also offer unlimited customizable storefronts so you can have one for each of your bigger customers if you wanted. We haven't gotten it yet so I can't really fully endorse it at the moment, but it looks great from what I was shown.

I would definitely NOT recommend Kodak's Insite Storefront. There's very little customization, it's not very user friendly, you need a seperate add-on for Illustrator called Darwin if you want to do VDP, and you're limited to only a few storefronts unless you want to purchase licenses for additional ones. EFI having unlimited storefronts was a major selling point for us, since a few times a year we get a potential new customer that wants to see how everything works before committing to us.

We just had someone from EFI come in and walk us through their online portal, I was pretty impressed, really hoping we get it. You can read more about it here: EFI OPS - Advanced Web-Based Solutions. They had mentioned that they offer bare-bones packages that you can add modules to as needed, so it might be right up your alley. They also offer unlimited customizable storefronts so you can have one for each of your bigger customers if you wanted. We haven't gotten it yet so I can't really fully endorse it at the moment, but it looks great from what I was shown.

I would definitely NOT recommend Kodak's Insite Storefront. There's very little customization, it's not very user friendly, you need a seperate add-on for Illustrator called Darwin if you want to do VDP, and you're limited to only a few storefronts unless you want to purchase licenses for additional ones. EFI having unlimited storefronts was a major selling point for us, since a few times a year we get a potential new customer that wants to see how everything works before committing to us.

do they offer lots of templates for B-cards? I really need something that customers can just walk in a start to design their own b-cards...

do they offer lots of templates for B-cards? I really need something that customers can just walk in a start to design their own b-cards...

Not sure if it comes pre-loaded with any templates, but you can create your own with options that your customer can pick and choose from. It seemed fairly versatile as far as what types of products and product customizations it could handle.

Yes there are lot of software available in the market in which you can easily integrated or run it stand alone while designing business cards.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back