Standalone Creaser or Creaser/Slitter/Cutter

pippip

Our standalone creaser (Morgana Autocreaser) needs a new motherboard and given it's age I really think it's best to retire it.
I can get an used newer Morgana Autocreaser for decent money but I'm wondering would I be able to just get a Creaser/Slitter/Cutter (SCC) instead for a few k more.
Probably Morgana/Uchida SCC.

Has anyone gone this route and been ok? Speed isn't really a priority. Currently we guillotine everything so would be nice to add a bit of automation.
I believe the SCC is limited to 4 creases in a pass which might be a problem on a few limited jobs we do during the year, but assuming I may be able to just put it through twice if really needed.

We currently have a Morgana folder but Im told we could get an Autofold in the future which will attach to either the Autocreaser or SCC which would be nice. I understand this is limited to 130gsm so I'm just trying to recall how many low gsm jobs we do, but that will be a decision for the future.

Is the SCC able to handle the heavier weight boards like the creaser? is their much difference in the creasing blade ability?

Anyway if anyone has any experience or can think of any possible problems i've overlooked I'd appreciate the feedback.

Does Graphic Whizard / Guangzhou Dumor sell in your area? I have the GW pt 335scc and it will do that.

@sk8ball Across the pond in Dublin, Ireland.

@Shawnd Can't find any local dealers for Graphic Whizard, looks like an impressive machine.
Do you have a separate creaser or do you manage with the SCC only?

Graphic whizard is ok for light duty but if you are looking for a full production machine I would search for your local Horizon dealer and check out the CRF362 creaser folder. Super easy to run and built well enough to handle any work load that you throw at it. Check them out on YouTube

Horizon makes good machines but you will pay $$$ for it. If you are high volume than they are the way to go.

I use the SCC to crease, I mainly use it on 10pt C2S and it does a great job and as many creases as I want.

No we wouldn't be huge volume at all, anything too large for digital I send out to trade houses.
I'm more just trying to establish any limitations of an SCC that an Autocreaser would do as a given.
To be honest most jobs that come to mind would be better on SCC as would be suitable for trim and crease in single pass. Only things like trifolds and A5 booklet covers that would need to be trimmed first and then passed through for creasing only.

Our standalone creaser (Morgana Autocreaser) needs a new motherboard and given it's age I really think it's best to retire it.
I can get an used newer Morgana Autocreaser for decent money but I'm wondering would I be able to just get a Creaser/Slitter/Cutter (SCC) instead for a few k more.

Has anyone gone this route and been ok? Speed isn't really a priority. Currently we guillotine everything so would be nice to add a bit of automation.
I believe the SCC is limited to 4 creases in a pass which might be a problem on a few limited jobs we do during the year, but assuming I may be able to just put it through twice if really needed.

We currently have a Morgana folder but Im told we could get an Autofold in the future which will attach to either the Autocreaser or SCC which would be nice. I understand this is limited to 130gsm so I'm just trying to recall how many low gsm jobs we do, but that will be a decision for the future.

Is the SCC able to handle the heavier weight boards like the creaser? is their much difference in the creasing blade ability?

Anyway if anyone has any experience or can think of any possible problems i've overlooked I'd appreciate the feedback.
Rollem's all-in-one Slit/Score/Perf models come in a range of sizes and handle stock weights from onion skin to 40 pt board. We also have a line of factory reconditioned models available. Happy to provide you with more information.

Rollem's all-in-one Slit/Score/Perf models come in a range of sizes and handle stock weights from onion skin to 40 pt board. We also have a line of factory reconditioned models available. Happy to provide you with more information.
Thanks but Rollem are hard to come by in Ireland and really need a creaser over a scorer. I can score on our folder anyway.

As one who has a Graphic Whizard PT 335SCC with about 600,000 sheets, 2 million creases and 3 million cuts I will say it has some major week points. If you are going to put ANY volume on it I would shy away. Don't even thing of perforating on it either, it is absolute waste because the perf bar flexes so much it doesn't perf. in the center of the sheet. If you adjust it to get a better perf. it just jams at the perf bar.
The accuracy leaves a lot to be desired too. Plan on running it at the slowest speed if you don't want to see your scores and cuts all over the place. Typically it bounces about 2 to 3mm in fast mode.
I am getting ready to replace ours next year. Either Duplo, MBM or Horizon are on the radar. Right now Horizon is leading the pack in our pick.

Thanks for the feedback all. We ended up just getting an updated used autocreaser (actually called a Documaster, but all i can tell is a different label on the side). Would have loved a SCC but they didn't have a used one currently available and they gave me a great price on the creaser.

Still keeping my eye out for a SCC but will have to see how next year goes, we're nearly down to minimal staff so automation is realistically the path I need to follow.

@sk8ball Across the pond in Dublin, Ireland. @Shawnd Can't find any local dealers for Graphic Whizard, looks like an impressive machine. Do you have a separate creaser or do you manage with the SCC only?
@sk8ball Across the pond in Dublin, Ireland. @Shawnd Can't find any local dealers for Graphic Whizard, looks like an impressive machine. Do you have a separate creaser or do you manage with the SCC only?

@sk8ball Across the pond in Dublin, Ireland.

@Shawnd Can't find any local dealers for Graphic Whizard, looks like an impressive machine.
Do you have a separate creaser or do you manage with the SCC only?
Hi.Graphicwhizard supplier has a dealer located in UK who can help you.pls contact
Bruce Cozens
Export Director
Mobile: +44 (0) 7989 434740
Vivid Laminating Technologies Ltd
t: +44 (0) 1530 510946 | f: +44 (0) 1530 510979
| Skype: bruce.cozens.vividlaminating

They call it MCC-35ASPP

As one who has a Graphic Whizard PT 335SCC with about 600,000 sheets, 2 million creases and 3 million cuts I will say it has some major week points. If you are going to put ANY volume on it I would shy away. Don't even thing of perforating on it either, it is absolute waste because the perf bar flexes so much it doesn't perf. in the center of the sheet. If you adjust it to get a better perf. it just jams at the perf bar.
The accuracy leaves a lot to be desired too. Plan on running it at the slowest speed if you don't want to see your scores and cuts all over the place. Typically it bounces about 2 to 3mm in fast mode.
I am getting ready to replace ours next year. Either Duplo, MBM or Horizon are on the radar. Right now Horizon is leading the pack in our pick.
Hi Craig thank you for your support.the number 2 million and 3 million is nice mark of it. After such a working amount you need a good maintenance.
For the problem of perf it is true it happened but it is not a unsolvable problem.by adjusting the depth you can ensure both center and middle can be penetrated to realize the complete perf function. As to the problem of jam after after adjust I guess it is because the deflector plate of the perf bar is wearing.
For the problem of accuracy .I believe it is also a result of wearing .The roller need to be clean or replaced.
Graphic wizard will launch two new model 8336bsc and 9375bsc which is more durable then 35sc and actually the perf bar is also upgraded with better saw then before.
I will appreciate if you can choose graphic wizard again but I believe even with uchida duplo horizon you will get same thing after millions of cut and crease made. Thank you .

This is what you want

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back