Substrate treat for inkjet

Luc St-Pierre

Is there a known and easy to apply treatment on any substrate to make it “inkjetable”? I am mostly interested to print on polyethylene, oleifin, polyester, acetate etc. Any tips?
Thank you.

Inkaid is the only one I have heard of. No experience with the product, just heard about it in the Epson forums.

Bret

You should probably check with the manufacturer of your printer. We ran a synthetic on a solvent printer a few years ago and though the image looked good after a while we started losing nozzles in the printheads. Turns out the material caused the printheads to fail. I never got a good explanation as to why but it cost me some money learning the hard way.

Substrate treat for inkjet

Is there a known and easy to apply treatment on any substrate to make it “inkjetable”? I am mostly interested to print on polyethylene, oleifin, polyester, acetate etc. Any tips?
Thank you.

Fujifilm supply a couple of different types of "adhesion promoter" for use with Fujifilm Sericol UVijet inks and Fuji's Acuity UV printer, for printing on fluted polyolefins, Glossy PVC, acylic, ec. For that application these are wipe-on. I don't know if these would be applicable to other inkjet inks or other application methods, but I guess you could ask Fujifilm Sericol for further advice.
regards,
Barry

You should be able to get all those products already coated for your printer. Are you haveing issues with that?

Yes I am. The whole purpose of this is to print packaging samples on heat-shrink films, then test them into a heat tunnel. The substrate used for testing must be the same brand-type-gauge-(batch?) as the real-life material. No substitutes.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back