Sunlit Titan ink

Lukew

I have just received the MSDS & TDS for the new Sunlit titan ink and it contains very little info.
All the MSDS ingredient profile says = non hazardous
And the TDS also does not list the % vegetable base.

Does anyone else have a different MSDS for the sunlit titan that lists the breakdown of Vegetable / Petroleum content.

We would like to try this ink for its supposedly fast drying properties but will only give it a go if we can find out the breakdown.

Have just started to trial this ink.
So far the drying is outstanding, with IR dryer on = All short run jobs 200 - 500 sheets. full coverage on 130 gsm silk, was ready to back up in 5 - 7 mins, job was cut in 1 hour (full coverage bleed) and it was fine, probably could have cut it earlier.
Business cards - 350gsm silk low - medium coverage. Ready to back up in 3 - 5 mins, Job cut in 1 hour, zero set off.

There are only two things that concern me
1) doesn't seem to have as high gloss as the inks we used to use
2) Rub reseistance seems not as good as our previous ink set.
3) plates don't clean up as quick as our previous ink set.

Still would like to know what % veg / petroleum oil it has in it.

I have been reading quite a bit about this ink, however only have seen this in Europe. Have you seen a increase in strength of ink compared to the older sets you have been using?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back