Swing arm gripper clearance

reply to pxtim

reply to pxtim

Let me put it this way: I had completely forgotten about this problem, and I just run it the same way I always have, which is to set the clearance to spec for a 100lb sheet and then leave it there. Komori replaced the cam followers and the gripper pads way back when, and to be honest, I'm not sure what the day/swing guys do these days. But I don't touch that adjustment on a regular basis on the night shift, and whenever I check the adjustment it's always in the exact same spot. So I think the key was to replace the cam followers, set the clearance so that it will work for just about everything, leave it there and hope that the cam followers and gripper pads last for longer than 5 years this time. This procedure worked for five years after the press was installed, and we're two years or whatever into the replacement parts with no additional problems....so far.

Hope that helps you out.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back