Symphony Calibrator

ripit

Question on setting up a cal set using Stochastic FM111 screening in Symphony calibrator. In nexus workflow the raster tiff module are the following angles for FM111 screen set cyan-0, Magenta-270, Yellow-180 & Black-90, however when i pull in this set set into Symphony calibrator i get the following angles 0,15, 45 & 75 the traditional screen values. how do I equate the symphony values to the WF Raster tiff module? in other words Magenta 270 is equal to what in Symphony? amyone run into to this as well?

Question on setting up a cal set using Stochastic FM111 screening in Symphony calibrator. In nexus workflow the raster tiff module are the following angles for FM111 screen set cyan-0, Magenta-270, Yellow-180 & Black-90, [SNIP]

I'm not familiar with "Stochastic FM111 screening" and could not find any info on the interwebs (maybe you could post some info?) but, if it's an AM/XM type halftone screen and if "cyan-0, Magenta-270, Yellow-180 & Black-90" refers to screen angles then those are all the same angle - i.e. they're all 90°. There are no screen angles for FM screening (assuming Stochastic FM111 screening is an FM screen), however, some RIPs might use angle references simply to call up specific FM patterns for each of the process colors.

I'd love to see more info on this.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back