Talk to me about foil printers

bcr

I saw a Peleman Flat Bed Foil Printer in a store and the owner gave me a quick demo.

I am thinking about getting one, primary use is for gold foil cover text on hard bound documents. Think bound thesis but in textured hard bound fabric covers.

Previously I was looking at getting a gold foil stamping machine where you manually set out the letters and it presses them in.
This device looks like a lot less hassle than that though.

There's various other in-house merchandise and promotional applications I can see for this, but wanted to ask if anyone has any suggestions or other recommendations for alternatives or better equipment? This machine is about 7k (EUR).

Link:

I would like to know you opinion also. I look at these from time to time as a step in between a ricoh 7210 with gold or our HEIDELBERG windmill leafing press.

May be worth going to see one, although "user friendly software" in the specs could be a PITA. I'd prefer a print driver where I could choose a layer from existing Adobe workflows. Also the USB connectivity ain't great, I'd prefer to hang it off the network, then it would be a true print on demand machine for everyone with the print driver.

Reactions: bcr
May be worth going to see one, although "user friendly software" in the specs could be a PITA. I'd prefer a print driver where I could choose a layer from existing Adobe workflows. Also the USB connectivity ain't great, I'd prefer to hang it off the network, then it would be a true print on demand machine for everyone with the print driver.
Yes fair point hadn't thought of that

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back