Technical and Graphics printers Engineering Drawing etc..

Duncan Hyde

Hi Forum,

I'm looking for the right Printer and Media to offer competitive priced Large Format Technical and Graphics Drawings also, Engineering Drawings Blueprints etc.. to add to my shops services.

I currently offer large format for signage, decals, stickers, labels and also cold lamination and vinyl cutting.

Hopefully the forum can point me in the right direction.

Regards - Duncan

Hands down, the HP Pagewide XL series is the best on the market for this. They are easy to use, fast, low cost per print, and require very little maintenance. They have models ranging in speeds of 6 D/A1 per minute to 30 D/A1 per minute. You can configure them to hold between 2 and 6 rolls of media (which are very easy drop-in loading). You can configure them with or without a scanner on top. They have the option for top/front output (I think up to 100 sheets) and/or rear high capacity stacker. Also, color and b/w prints cost the same, but you can still decide to charge more for color as it's always been a premium price. Lastly, HP offers several workflow/queing solutions. They have a free one called HP Click for low volume, a paid software called HP SmartStream for high volume, or they can link into your existing Caldera or Onyx RIPS.

NOTE: I don't sell these. However, I used to sell production gear for Konica Minolta, and in my early years, we partnered with KIP when a customer wanted a technical drawing printer bundled with the KM gear. In my latter years, we switched to selling this HP line of printers and they were a game changer. Customers loved them and almost never had a service call.

Hands down, the HP Pagewide XL series is the best on the market for this. They are easy to use, fast, low cost per print, and require very little maintenance. They have models ranging in speeds of 6 D/A1 per minute to 30 D/A1 per minute. You can configure them to hold between 2 and 6 rolls of media (which are very easy drop-in loading). You can configure them with or without a scanner on top. They have the option for top/front output (I think up to 100 sheets) and/or rear high capacity stacker. Also, color and b/w prints cost the same, but you can still decide to charge more for color as it's always been a premium price. Lastly, HP offers several workflow/queing solutions. They have a free one called HP Click for low volume, a paid software called HP SmartStream for high volume, or they can link into your existing Caldera or Onyx RIPS.

NOTE: I don't sell these. However, I used to sell production gear for Konica Minolta, and in my early years, we partnered with KIP when a customer wanted a technical drawing printer bundled with the KM gear. In my latter years, we switched to selling this HP line of printers and they were a game changer. Customers loved them and almost never had a service call.
Hi jwheeler thanks for the response this will help my search a lot, I was also looking at the Epson T series with the scanner.

Regards
Duncan

Hi jwheeler thanks for the response this will help my search a lot, I was also looking at the Epson T series with the scanner.

Regards
Duncan
The Epson T series is a good line as well, but for lower volumes. I haven't kept up on the latest, so verify this info, but most of them max out around 3 D/A1 prints per minute for speed. HP also has a T-Series that is in the same price range and speed. The main difference between either of the T-Series and the PageWide XL is the way the print head works. The T-Series both use a traditional single print head that goes back and forth across the page. The PageWide XL has 8 print heads all stitched together accross the full width of the paper allowing it to go much faster, but still at a great quality.
1646689994819.png

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back