Technology I'd like to see developed

Gordo, Erik,

Thank you for the education. I've been thinking the past couple of days and I think I understand now what you are saying. Sounds like we need some scientists from outside the industry to take a fresh look. I would have to say that the two of you are on a whole new level, like some kind of deity status. If you wrote a book, I would love to read it.

Humbly,
Keith

Gordo, Erik,
I would have to say that the two of you are on a whole new level, like some kind of deity status. If you wrote a book, I would love to read it.

Humbly,
Keith

You mean my head is in the clouds? LOL :)

I was very fortunate in that I came from a print/prepress background (tech director of western Canada's largest sheetfed shop) and moved into Creo in 1997 when it was still early days prepress-wise for that engineering company. You don't realize how much you know, don't know, take for granted, assume, etc. until you try to answer questions or explain things to an engineer. The experience provided me with an insight into better ways of defining, and understanding the problems that I had experienced in printshops as well as how to go about solving them. I also found out the importance of not being swayed by "authorities" (I had a bad experience as a result of not questioning statements made by the company's chief engineer when everything I knew told me he was wrong in what he had said).

In any case, I've described, on my blog, some of what I learned from engineers that you might find useful. Click on this link: Quality In Print: Some things I learned from engineers (that printshop folks might find useful)

And I am kinda of writing a book - it's my blog here: Quality In Print

best, gordon p

Gordo, Erik,

Thank you for the education. I've been thinking the past couple of days and I think I understand now what you are saying. Sounds like we need some scientists from outside the industry to take a fresh look. I would have to say that the two of you are on a whole new level, like some kind of deity status. If you wrote a book, I would love to read it.

Humbly,
Keith

Keith, that's nice of you to say. If it got you thinking deeper, well that's great.

Understanding the science behind practical processes has a very down to earth status. Certainly not ivory tower stuff.

Question everything. The answers you find might surprise you.

Erik

I keep dreaming about the cool-guy stuff I'm gonna' do when I have a high-quality tablet computer to play with. Imagine performing photo edits, color corrections, building clipping paths with a PENCIL-type device RIGHT ON THE IMAGE.

Makes my heart go pitter-pat - or maybe that's the coffee.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back