The end of negative film?

k_graham

After contacting a printer list for Fuji's phone number (because Fuji doesn't list phone numbers on their website and yellow pages directs to a 10 year old number), I contacted Fuji regarding purchase of negative film for our Extraa Setter ran with a Ripit software imagesetter as we recently put our last roll in and was informed they no longer have such negative film in Canada as they say imagesetters are no longer made. I believe the product was labeled Hyd II and labeled as using a ir light source. We've used it for years but use declined considerably to basically envelopes and tags on our AB Dick and as we've used metal plates we are often able to re-use the plates unless artwork changes. We've actually used the procedure of draining the processor between uses to sealed bottles so the chemistry lasts.

Anyway is anyone still producing rolls of negative film?

I hate to change but fortunately it seems we are on track to run out of chemistry fairly close to when the film runs out.

Also do I have to worry about the FNCB subtractive aluminum plates being available?

Also service and supplier management - this may be a good reason to contact your customers once in a while, who knows we may also remember you when its time for equipment?

Ken

Wow, it's a time warp. I worked with a similar imagesetter & processor up until 10 years ago. I wish you luck trying to keep on keepin on.

That brings back memories - I remember having a hard time getting poly plate material for our imagesetter some years back, only to be told we were the only ones in the U.S. still using the stuff.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back