The Fiery Professional Certification

tpmar

My tech recently mentioned the availability of this certification course to me. I'm the operator of a Ricoh ProC9100 using Fiery Command Workstation 6. It costs $250, which I'm pretty sure my boss wouldn't mind paying, but if they do, I really have to pass it. I'd like to see more details about specifically what sort of information is covered and also the volume of information. Anybody else ever take this? So far I haven't be able to find much in the way of specifics. Thanks. Here is the link: https://learning.efi.com/fiery_professional_certification

I did it a while back, it´s cute in it´s own way as long as you don´t underestimatte the questions and you do get a PDF of a fancy certificate.

I did it a while back, it´s cute in it´s own way as long as you don´t underestimatte the questions and you do get a PDF of a fancy certificate.

I finally got around to getting some more details about this. Here are the specifics:

Thank you for taking an interest in our certification course. The elements for the course cover the following subjects

Fiery-100 Configuring Fiery servers
Fiery-101 Color Management Fundamentals
Fiery-110 Print connections and utilities
Fiery-200 Command WorkStation 6
Fiery-200 Command WorkStation 5.8
Fiery-210 Fiery tools for job management
Fiery-220 Creating automated workflows
Fiery-300 Optimizing color and consistency
Fiery-320 Creating spot colors
Fiery-330 Spot color accuracy
Fiery-340 Color profiling
Fiery-400 Booklet making and imposition
Fiery-410 Digital media workflows
Fiery-420 Document composition
Fiery-500 Understanding variable data printing
Fiery-510 VDP with Fiery FreeForm
Fiery Professional Certification Exam

At this point in my time working with the Fiery and running the Ricoh, there is a LOT of stuff in there that I'm not all that familiar with. I've only been on this machine since December of last year and I started with Command Workstation 6, so I don't know anything about 5.8. It would be great to learn all that stuff. One of these days I'll ask my boss if the company will pay the $250. I sure hope they give me some good, easy to understand study materials!

For $250 you get a contact and a business card of someone who knows fiery inside and out. To get that same knowledge would require talking to 3 people and a bunch of escalations.

Beyond just the training I think that is worth it.

For $250 you get a contact and a business card of someone who knows fiery inside and out. To get that same knowledge would require talking to 3 people and a bunch of escalations.

Beyond just the training I think that is worth it.

Nice! Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. In the process of training a second operator right now but when that's done this is definitely something I'm going to pursue. Thanks again and HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back