The Konica Accurio Shine 101

It’s very similar to the Duplo DFL500. Same manufacture (UCOS), they just modified it for Konica.

I think the Duplo model is a bit better…but that’s from just reading the manuals (a few extra updates in the Duplo one). But overall they are the same.
We have the Duplo in my shop, and we love it. It’s great for laminate as well.

It’s very similar to the Duplo DFL500. Same manufacture (UCOS), they just modified it for Konica.

I think the Duplo model is a bit better…but that’s from just reading the manuals (a few extra updates in the Duplo one). But overall they are the same.
We have the Duplo in my shop, and we love it. It’s great for laminate as well.
How is the laminate for full coverage dark colors, any problems with laminate pulling away? I was interested in the DFL500 but a not sure what they mean by "dry lamination".

I have an update after a frustrating day with the AccurioShine. It is NOT the same as the DFL500 from Duplo. Here's why:
  1. The Duplo unit has a pre-cleaning roller which is basically a tacky roller to remove dust and artifacts from the sheet so you get a perfect lamination. This does not exist on the AccurioShine so you will get little bumps from dust and hairs that fall onto the sheet if you're not in a perfectly clean environment.

2. The Duplo unit has a side-to-side cutter similar to a wide format printer that cuts the laminate between each sheet. The AccurioShine does not. You have to manually cut the laminate between each sheet.

3. The Duplo unit has side slitters to trim the roll of laminate down to the sheet width while it's running. The AccurioShine does not. You will have floppy edges of laminate if your sheet is narrower than the laminate width.

4. The Duplo unit has the roll of laminate sitting on top of the machine allowing for longer rolls. The AccurioShine requires that the laminate fit inside the top lid, so you're limited on how much laminate you can load.
If you just want this machine for simple foiling, it does a great job at that. We've tried large and small areas with success. We also ran sheets with the clear 'spot gloss' foil they offer and it looks just okay. Definitely not the same effect as spot UV, but better than the clear toner samples we saw from Xerox Irridese.

If you want this machine for lamination, or for doing layering effects of foil, then laminate, then foil again, don't get it.

How is the laminate for full coverage dark colors, any problems with laminate pulling away? I was interested in the DFL500 but a not sure what they mean by "dry lamination".
The Duplo has been great for all colors, including printing solid black and then doing a matte laminate for a cheap soft touch black.

(Until i found Nobelus Black soft touch laminate film)

I’ll be honest, the flying knife (being referred to as side-to side) isn’t a perfect solution. It doesn’t work all that great, but probably works with 45 out of 50 sheets.

Useful product review from @jwheeler there.
If I understand correctly, the Duplo version could be a good alternative to anyone otherwise considering the Fujipla Almeister, as this appears to do the same thing but with the huge ongoing cost advantage of not using OEM supplies.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back