The Little Wonder

Hello cmitchprint,

A brilliant video and a great credit to your restoration endeavors, looking forward to your next printing press restoration.

Regards, Alois

Hello cmitchprint,

A brilliant video and a great credit to your restoration endeavors, looking forward to your next printing press restoration.

Regards, Alois
I'm just a print manager and former mechanic. This was restored by Howard Iron Works. They obtained the original machine drawings that were drawn on cloth to restore the machine to spec's.

I twice helped take down a 38" Harris LWQ (L238A) and in 2006 I partially took one down (1st unit) to replace a journal bearing that had lost it's load. Also rebuilt feeder mechanism on one and helped rebuild a Harris LXG-FR 29".
Side frame has to be dropped to get cylinders and gears out. One of the hardest things I've ever done. Done that 3 times.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back