The new Star Wars movie

gordo

Saw it yesterday - shouldn't have bothered.
I didn't know that it was basically a remake of the first Star Wars movie and was filled with bits and pieces of many of the later episodes. So if you've already seen many of the movies in the series you've pretty much already seen this one.
A surprising lack of creativity throughout from a director who seems intent about living up the moniker Jar Jar Abrams.

I'd wait for it on DVD unless your kids are twisting your arms and you have no choice.

It was hard to see where Startrek ended and Starwars began, J. J. Abrams made a J. J. Abrams movie and not a starwars movie. If you had put a starfleet uniform on the actors it would have worked too. It totally meeksa uppa far Jar Jar Binks though.
Nice to watch and a great scifi popcorn flick but defiantly not starwars, it missed the jaw-dropping-edge-of-the-seat-totally-amazed experience of the 1977 movie by more than 12 Parsecs.
I am dreading the next Startrek though, can you expect something good from the makers of Fast and furious?
Dunno, LL&P until then.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back