The New Thing

Cory Smith

122-The-New-Thing.png

I would like to see the response if he then said "save you approximately 8 million dollars on ink a year for the company!" Selling a new thing is always difficult we are more set in our ways than we know, change for change sake is never good but if there is a sound business rationale, possibly open up with something different!:confused:

Last edited:
This reminds me of paradigm paralysis and the 1990's when we had to move over from light tables to computers. Those were rough days but we made it and were still here.

In my experience the newest technology takes awhile for us to completely adapt. The difference with the latest forms of printing is that consumers are becoming much more educated on the topic and demand the latest trends to be something that out company can accommodate.

That said, the cost is always something that never makes me happy, but it's something that is always worth adopting. It's safe to say that a successful business fears change for the most part, but it is necessary in the evolution of the industry and the business itself.

Snippity- The difference with the latest forms of printing is that consumers are becoming much more educated on the topic and demand the latest trends to be something that out company can accommodate.-Snip

I have to say my experience is the exact opposite here in the UK. Consumers are happy with naff colour (possibly because as commuters they get a free colour paper which is naff colour) and demand the lowest prices; I have never heard trends even get mentioned.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back