Thinking of moving from Epson to Canon... any suggestions

If you think the hp latex will meet your needs as a 6 color, then you might consider the TX-3000. We have both and I like the Tx-3000 for the pigminted ink that will seem to last over a year in a window without fade. We only print on 20lb bond or 80lb stihl 3333 with the tx3000.. Also, both the latex and Cannon are very low maintence. We don't run them 8 hours a day. And we only sell pleasing color.

I currently have two Epson Stylus Pro 9900s and an Epson Stylus Pro 7800. One of the 9900s is 13 years old and needs at least one new printhead. So I need to buy another large format (44"). I'm debating about switching over to the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-4100. I see that you can change out the printheads yourself, it has a built-in harddrive, and I can add a second roll of paper. I have checked the ink cost and it is pricier than Epson (about $245 vs. $315 each), but I believe it can use all the same paper media. The hard drive sounds great, but I wonder really how much I'd use it anyway. So, if I stay with Epson, it looks as if there are maybe two contenders (not sure what the difference is). There is the SureColor P9000 Commercial and the P9570. I work at a college and print many posters, indoor banners, and photographic artwork. Can anyone give me advice or any experiences they've had with these printers to help me decide which to go with?

I also hear a lot of talk about using a RIP or Fiery, but I've never used one and have no idea if it'd be any benefit to me. I am a graphic designer that has built up this design/print shop on my own for the past 20 years. It seems to be working fine, but I've had to learn it all on my own as no one else on the campus has any experience. So if you have any suggestions, that'd be welcomed too.
Hi Kaylene
I would suggest sticking with Epson. I've got a 9880 and compared to Canon the quality is superior.
I get my inks from "INKJET MALL"! Super cost effective and no difference in colour.
Check them out you will be pleasantly surprised. Let me know how it goes. Cheers!

I had 2 epson 4000, 4800, canon ipf 5100. I shut that business. If I have to restart I wouldn't go for Canon. Difficult to maintain, expensive, poor support, very restrictive.
Have not had that experience at all. Quick phone call to canon and I've gotten excellent technical help within minutes. Printheads easy to swap, not sure what other maintenance might be so hard, or what restrictive means.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back