This is an oldie but a goodie.

kinklee

Hello Forum members,
I have recently acquired an Agfa Accuset1000+ with a viper rip v1.9.2 and the dongle that came with it is an ADB version. I have tried to use an Imate ADB/USB device from griffin technology to use the ADB dongle on a Mac Late model G3. The viper will not see the dongle even though the Mac sees it no problem. Am I doing something boneheaded are is the a viable workaround for this. Has any other member used this kit in the same way.

All replies are greatly appreciated
regards
Ken

Re: This is an oldie but a goodie.

> {quote:title=kinklee wrote:}{quote}
> Hello Forum members,
> I have recently acquired an Agfa Accuset1000+ with a viper rip v1.9.2 and the dongle that came with it is an ADB version. I have tried to use an Imate ADB/USB device from griffin technology to use the ADB dongle on a Mac Late model G3. The viper will not see the dongle even though the Mac sees it no problem. Am I doing something boneheaded are is the a viable workaround for this. Has any other member used this kit in the same way.
>
> All replies are greatly appreciated
> regards
> Ken

Hi Ken,

Although I do not have an answer for your issue you might try contacting Agfa to see if by chance they could replace your ADB dongle with a USB dongle. Worth a try I s'pose...

Cheers,
Jon Morgan
Hopkins Printing

Re: This is an oldie but a goodie.

I have an original G3 in the attic ;P
I think there was a PC card that had an ADB connection, I can look in the attic (in Sweden) otherwise I can get a beige G3 with the ADB (I think it was the one we ran our Viper on) contact me off forum and we can work out how to get it to you.
(also me thinks I have a G3 laptop the original cost more than what a to Macbook pro costs today when it was new, but is now just collecting dust :) )

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back