Time to Retire DC5000 is 700i a realistic alternative

lesliew

Our trusty Xerox DC5000 with CREO rip is at the end of lease in 2 months and on paper it looks like the 700i can do everything the 5000 can do. It will be a good opportunity to save $1K+ a month on the lease cost but am I going to be happy with the 700i. Are these machines really in the same league.

I have looked at the KM6000, it appears to be built like a tank just like the DC5000, but because of the great relationship/service we receive from our techs I'll probably stick with Xerox. (Also have 2 xerox BW's and 1 small Xerox color)

I guess the only real alternatives to the 700i would be the 8080, 770 has the inline spectrophotometer but appears otherwise to be a 700i in disguise.

Anybody spent any real time comparing these machines, what are your thoughts ?

My Impression is the 700 is a sideways move, maybe the 700i is better? I have had my DC5000 for two years and when I purchased there was nothing in the same class for the same dollers. I'm a big fan of hire purchase instead of leasing. But I'm sure the tax laws are different here ( New Zealand ). But short answer not sure.

Ask for the CED and READ it, COMPARE it to the DC5000. When you get into the details you will quickly see the difference.

I have to agree with Craig on this one. Before doing anything you’re going to want to Read the CED and compare it so you know what you’re getting into. Good luck!

What are you running on your 5000? If its mostly text then I think you will be fine, if you have a good bit of cardstock printing then I would think about a 8080 or even the KM.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back