tips star up waste reduction

hi
please give me some useful tips and insights to reduce the strat up waste and printed waste. we are having web offset machine from the maker of manugraphic FRONTLINE MACHINE capable of printing 16page in colour and 8pages in black and white total of 24 page

Waste Reduction

Waste Reduction

Hello sriraghavan,

Web Offset Press Waste Reduction - you need 1) Ink Pre Setting System 2) Register Guidance System (RGS)

Regards, Alois

And if you don't have the technology, a few simple practices can save a lot of waste:

1) Yo-yo: take the press up to a make ready speed and shut down. Use those hundred copies or so to make adjustments (i.e. colour, register, etc).; repeat this process once or twice and you can get some phenomenal results with almost no waste and very little donwtime (worked wonders at a location i was at).

2) Keep notes: any recurring job teaches you many lessons; write them down and learn from your mistakes.

Also, make sure everyone on the crew knows what their responasble for durring the make ready...the most expensive copy on a web press is the first copy you save. Durring a run don't assume anything..look at everything all of the time, over the long haul you will catch something that will pay off in time and waste saved.

Hello Alois
Thanks, as you mentioned we are having Ink pre setting system and Register Guidance system inspite of this strart up waste is inconsistant so i thought of taking the others help. will you please help me

Hello Alois
Thanks, as you mentioned we are having Ink pre setting system and Register Guidance system inspite of this strart up waste is inconsistant so i thought of taking the others help. will you please help me

Can you give us some idea of what you think is bad or inconsistent waste numbers? And maybe what exactly is the waste problem. Is it variation is print density or some other reason?

Waste - again !

Waste - again !

Hello sriraghavan,

What areas of production waste concern you the most - OR ALL areas !

1) Webbing Up the Press ? 2) Web Breaks on Press Start ? 3) Achieving good Colour Copies ?

3) Erratic Folding ?

Regards, Alois

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back