Tips to reduce the Downtime

prasadhh

Hai all,

This is time to share our experience which solved big problem unexpectedly the small thing. This may help all of us to keep an eye on that factor. I am basically a service engineer.

My Experience

In one press, I face a peculiar scumming problem. The roller dia is already reduced by 1.5mm. i checked the roller setting(nip width) but i seem correct. Then i checked the water and felt that IPA percentage might low. Then I checked with operator. He said that he mixed abt 10%. I added some IPA for checking and result is better too. Then I checked their stock room, there i found the ipa barrel directly to the sunlight (barrel is tightly closed).

I got a doubt that hot sun may change the property of IPA. i asked the people for how long u r keeping the IPA here. they replied that they bought the barrel 10 days before(previously used to buy 25lt can). and stored there. Then i asked them to buy new IPA and asked them to store in a cool place. With the new IPA the machine is running is a good condition without changing the rollers. It affected one days production.

Moral
Dont keep the IPA directly to the sunlight, eventhough in the barrel.

:) Small thing like this shared by you will help all of us to reduce the downtime. Please share. :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back