Toner Plan Printers

TradeGraphicDesign

Hi All,

I have an application in mind, customer needs prints (wide format) so up to A1 maybe A0 size.
But, the prints need to be a Toner Based print, rather than inkjet.

I have memories of these bits of kit been pretty popular a years back, they were toner based wide format machines, super fast, not as good quality as the inkjet machines, but decent for Architectural plans, and less 'quality' driven posters.

I was after any recommendations. I think HP and Xerox, OCE used to do something in this area.

Im based in the UK, i'd really appreciate any steers / avoids please

Thanks in advance

Tim

Screenshot 2024-09-16 at 09.04.58.png

Anyone have any experience with the above? 'TonerPearls'- sounds like toner to me, but I just wondered if this is manufacturer speak for something else, the head array looks like inkjet

All the best

Tim

Attachments

• 1726473923035.png
    1726473923035.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 9
Years ago Canon used our shop to do an open house, so they installed a Colorwave and let us use it for free for about a month. The prints were nice and crisp, and it printed insanely fast. It's super low melt toner, so you can't hot laminate (or couldn't at the time), and it doesn't work on all stocks, but it was super cool and easy to use.

Hi All,

I have an application in mind, customer needs prints (wide format) so up to A1 maybe A0 size.
But, the prints need to be a Toner Based print, rather than inkjet.

I have memories of these bits of kit been pretty popular a years back, they were toner based wide format machines, super fast, not as good quality as the inkjet machines, but decent for Architectural plans, and less 'quality' driven posters.
Canon bought out OCE several years back, so the Canon series that Magnus pointed you to is what they are available as now. You might be thinking of KIP, which is still around, producing wide-format toner digital printers. They have black & white units, along with full color units. Ricoh still sells a line of toner based wide format printers here. HP only sells inkjet based wide-format printers. They have the slower T-series, and the high-speed PageWide XL series.

Why do your prints need to be toner based?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back