Epson AM-C Range , any feedback?

TradeGraphicDesign

Hi Folks, I wondered if anyone had any feedback, or experience using this range... WorkForce Enterprise AM-C4000 | Business Inkjet | Inkjet Printers | Printers | Products | Epson United Kingdom

I have an application that would suit this well, but as far as I can see, I can only print onto UNCOATED stocks, to get the ink to fully dry.

Which, drys back a fair bit, so the colours are quite muted

Quality is great, and the muted colours are fine for its transactional application

But, has anyone found a regular 'Silk or Gloss' stock, that will run, and dry nicely?

I can run Inkjet coated stocks through the kit, but they cost an arm and a leg, so not really feasible

Thanks in advance, if anyone has some experience running regular Gloss or Silk grades through these machines, i'd love a steer on the paper brand please

All the best

Tim

The inkjet nozzles are probably super reliable because nozzles are a center of excellence for Epson, but I'm sketched out about mechanical longevity and lack of RIP software. The WF Enterprise only comes with a 90 day warranty. That is a red flag to me and shows a lack of confidence in the longevity of the product by Epson.

I've been hoping that Epson would make production inkjet sheetfed machines in the 100kUSD range, which isn't a technical stretch for them given their mid-range label press capabilities.

The inkjet nozzles are probably super reliable because nozzles are a center of excellence for Epson, but I'm sketched out about mechanical longevity and lack of RIP software. The WF Enterprise only comes with a 90 day warranty. That is a red flag to me and shows a lack of confidence in the longevity of the product by Epson.

I've been hoping that Epson would make production inkjet sheetfed machines in the 100kUSD range, which isn't a technical stretch for them given their mid-range label press capabilities.
Hmm, thats pretty mad re: the warranty. I wonder if its a tactic to make sure everyone stays on a service (fixed ink click) plan.

I'll have to have a test of some regular digi coated stocks on the machine, I'm really doubtful the ink would take, but always the optimist :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back