Toshiba 210C / 211C with XP or Windows 7 with Fiery

alan.ainslie

We have a Toshiba 210C which has external Fiery added. Works fine on XP machine using GA1121 driver software installed ages ago.

Changed PCs and used same driver disk to load drivers. New machine is running XP just because of this legacy machine which I have to be able to use.

Drivers seem to install OK until almost as end says ERROR INSTALLING PS DRIVERS. Then proceeds to finish the install.

The driver is then installed and reports the characteristics of the machine correctly, BUT test page or anything else just causes the Fiery to hang - LCD says PROCESSING.

Interesting - I connect the machine to the old XP box and it works fine still.

What am I doing wrong? there are lots of files on the Toshiba / Fiery discs and I have only run the INSTLLR as this is the only apparent .exe

So, instruction please or advice. If anyone knows of a Windows 7 driver then I am quite happy to migrate the new workstation to Win 7. would probably do that anyway and run the Fiery on a virtual XP machine but my progress is halted until I can see where I am going wrong.

Hope there is some help out there - we are a charity and cannot possibly justify a new machine at this stage.

Alan Ainslie

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back