Total Lunar Eclipse of December 21, 2010

otherthoughts

TLE2000Jul-1b.JPG

The Eclipse and the Winter Solstice

The Winter Solstice of 2010 also occurs on Dec. 21 at 11:38 pm GMT. This is just 15.3 hours after the mid-point of the total lunar eclipse (08:17 am GMT). There is no special significance to this coincidence since a lunar eclipse can occur on any calendar date of the year. However, it does mean that this eclipse will take place with the Moon at its maximum northern position in its orbit.

The last time a lunar eclipse occurred on Dec. 21 was in 1991 and the next one is in 2094.

Link to more info
Total Lunar Eclipse: December 21, 2010

Best regards
OtherThoughts

TLE2000Jul-1b.JPG

The Eclipse and the Winter Solstice

The Winter Solstice of 2010 also occurs on Dec. 21 at 11:38 pm GMT. This is just 15.3 hours after the mid-point of the total lunar eclipse (08:17 am GMT). There is no special significance to this coincidence since a lunar eclipse can occur on any calendar date of the year.

Just to be safe, I'll sacrifice a few pixels on behalf of this coincidence.

best, gordo

I think I'll wait for the next one. I'll only be 127. I just hope I still have my eyesight then.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back