Training time!

motormount

Hi!

We upgraded from Printready 3.5 Signa3.5 and Meta 6.50 to Prepress Manager 10,Signa 10 and separated Meta-shooter(It was same thing on the previus configuration)

How much training would you consider apropriate to get acustomed to the new environment?

I know it depends on the operator also,but i'd like to know how much time would you consider enough for an above average user to work confidently and productively.

Any-i mean any-kind of info/opinion is very much needed and apriciated!

Thanks in advance!

Are you talking about "training" as in "sit down and figure this out, you've got XX hours!"? Or are you talking about dedicated professional training?

It really depends on the person and howbmuch of a tinkerer they are and how much the software has changed. If they are fairly proficient then three days doesn't sound bad. Complete training should be about 5 days. Then there are specialized courses which can be a day or two. How much time are they suggesting or you are considering? If there is a local or regional that would be preferable obviously. I had to fly from Seattle to Woburn, MA for my week of PS/M training years ago. It was closer than Israel ;) .

It really depends on the person

I totally agree.

I'm just wondering how many hours are an accepted average and if there is some official-Heidelberg- info on this,but judging from what i've seen 3 days sounds enough!

Thanks again!

Sorry for the late answer,had my hands full.

I ended up with less than eight hours-prinect,signa and shooter while i was preparing some real jobs as well...

We don't use some features-versioning,layers,packaging so we skipped that.

Working on real/live jobs is a great way to learn. Hopefully it was enough time to get what you needed.

The one thing I liked about the training from Heidelberg was the student binders they used. These are the bible and are worth FAR more than the manuals that came with the software (that are written in Germish).

Carol and her team over at HUS out did themselves with the documentation and lessons.

Make sure you get one for each product (Meta Prep, Printready, shooter, the color proof stuff, etc...)

If you do classroom training ask for the files also.

Just my 2 cents.

Marko,firstly thanks a lot!

Secondly,i'm a little confused.

What ''student binders'' stands for?
Are these leaflets with exercises?

And is there a separate for each one-meta prep etc ?-

If you can,please be a little more specific,so i can ask for them.

''Carol and her team at HUS(heidelberg united states,right?)'',are these the authors of the leaflets?

I asked the instructor to provide me the training files,and gave me 3 pdf's.

A 52 paged with the 2010 update new features i finished yesterday,and two others-i didn't have much time yet to look at-i'll come back on Monday about it,but no exercise files.

Have a nice weekend!

:)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back