Trap Issue

rande

Can anyone tell me why the green circle and rectangle won't trap?
I've spent alot of time on this.
Trueflow 3.12_patch 266
PDF made from Indd. CS3
thanks
rande

I don't seem to beable to do an attachment.
All it is, is a pms 201 box in the back - a green rectangle on the next layer then a green circle with a shadow.
The rip is seeing a box around the shadow and not trapping it.

Re: Trap Issue

Hello Rande,

You can email this file to me at [email protected]. I will need to see this file.

Also, want to make sure that you know that you can call the main Screen Support Line for help.

Regards,
Sean
Screen Technical Support

Hello Rande,

What you are experiencing is due to Transparency and Flattening of it. Trueflow can take the file as Native Transparency however, Trueflow has to flatten the file before it traps and this is causing you the problem.

The new version of Trueflow (called Trueflow SE) addresses this by utilizing the APPE (Adobe PDF Print Engine). This allows us to not be constrained by flattened Transparency when Trapping.

So you have two options on the version of Trueflow that you are on now. Use TrapEditor to tweak this file into being correct or you can trap in Indesign directly.

Best Regards,
Sean

Hi Sean
We have the same issues. I have been working with George F. on it back and forth.
We are interested in finding out how much it will be to upgrade from TF 3.12 266

Not sure who our rep is. I just deal with problems, not buying.
But if they can call us it would be great.

April Pinkerton
Image Concepts
Valley View OH
216-524-9000

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back