Trapping problem

BigSi

Hi there. I have a very fussy customer. I'm printing text and a logo over a solid. I get a very fine white line around the text and the logo is fine. If I play around with settings in my command workstation
(black overprint, auto trapping etc..) I can swap it so the text is fine but there there is the issue with the white line around the logo. I can't work it out (the logo is a vector). Just trying to get both colours to trap properly.
The text is black over a spot orange, the logo is the same spot orange but over a black solid. Just looking for a quick work around, either in pitstop, acrobat or the C/station. Hopefully nothing to labour intensive as I have about x40 of these cards to do.
(the black is a process black, should I change it to a spot black? rather not)
Your advice is much appreciated. thanks Simon

Have you tried ticking the box at the top "Adobe PDF Print Engine Preferred", this has solved strange issues before.

Or open the original pdf and under advance tick, "Print as Image". This might be a workaround.

Hi there. I have a very fussy customer. I'm printing text and a logo over a solid. I get a very fine white line around the text and the logo is fine. If I play around with settings in my command workstation
(black overprint, auto trapping etc..) I can swap it so the text is fine but there there is the issue with the white line around the logo. I can't work it out (the logo is a vector). Just trying to get both colours to trap properly.
The text is black over a spot orange, the logo is the same spot orange but over a black solid. Just looking for a quick work around, either in pitstop, acrobat or the C/station. Hopefully nothing to labour intensive as I have about x40 of these cards to do.
(the black is a process black, should I change it to a spot black? rather not)
Your advice is much appreciated. thanks Simon
Any chance of posting a sample PDF?

I'll give pip suggestions a go first. I would have to be carefully actually posting a screenshot (commercially sensitive, corporate logo blarblarblar)

I'll give pip suggestions a go first. I would have to be carefully actually posting a screenshot (commercially sensitive, corporate logo blarblarblar)
Feel free to send it in a private message, I'm not likely to steal your company's customers from Australia :D

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back