Trapping with furry animals

Galrun7

Hello all,
I have a question on trapping with AICS4 and TrapX. We have been pushed by our customer to deal with more and more "fades" in their placed files. For example an animal with fuzzy fur is partially transparent and we trap into a line color. The problem is, I will go into Photoshop, clean up the image, make a clipping mask, place the image and then trap. The problem is the semi-transparent fur placed on the line plate and trapped causes screening of the background which we don't want (so we can run a lower line annilox). Any suggestions, or have you encountered this? Thanks in advance

If the image is semi trasnparent, you dont need to trapp it because you already have the other ink under the transparent image.. you just have to have an spare angle so you dont get any moire in the printing machine, and just place a .ct file with the transparent option ticked.

Marcelo

Sorry, I just realised that you are using CS and you cant use .ct files.. but is the same.. a psd with transparent background and no clipping mask would be the same.. like i said, you dont need to trap the "fades" or "glows".

Marcelo

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back