Trendsetter 800 III Quantum - unexposed, half-exposed plates

bitchslap

Hello everyone. In our shop we are struggling to figure out what's wrong with our 2008 Trendsetter III Quantum with 50W laser head. It started approx. one year ago. Some plates came out unexposed. Sometimes plates came out partially exposed. Most of the production went well, until recently. We are now getting so much unexposed plates that the trade off is not worth it.
The problem is, weather exposing good or bad plates, the machine while imaging is working as if everything was OK.
You can not tell, by simply hearing into the machine, weather it will do good or bad plate.
We sometimes saw the Error LV 24V not in range (unipolar). After restarting the machine we sometimes get Error 44965
Of course during the problems we tried Kodak remote support. They told us to change power and data cables. So we did. We even had a technician on site. He was measuring something, and masked out the LV 24V error. He also advised us to change Power Distribution Board. But it was more in form of a recommendation. That's why I am not sure to again trust Kodak guess, as with the both cables, and buy the expensive part, or should I rather try something different.
If anyone could help, it would be great.

Hi,
Msg of error code is - The laser is not running either because it has not been turned on, laser
setpoint power is zero or perhaps as a result of an earlier over temperature or
humidity error.
1) Check the power supply (both). Are fans working?
2) check laser temperature. check cooler system.

But may be your laser head is brocken. We had same problem, Only way we solved problem is - head replacement and power supply units.

Last edited:
Many thanks for the reply.
The humidity sensor by the head shows 90% green, and just a little of red, so i guess it is ok.
I must say the room where the machine is installed is pretty hot, about 24*C - but according to Kodak this machine can work to 30*C.
A few days ago I checked the yellowish coolant level, it was OK. I cleaned the filter and the radiator behind the filter too. It didnt help.
As you said, I checked the Fans. One, big fan is located behind the radiator, one in the front of the laser compartment, one on a board in the logic compartment. Is there another one i should check?
How can i check laser temperatur. You mean on the coper-colour surface of the laser head? What is its normal working level?

Did you get a new head form Kodak, or did someone refurbish it for you?
Also, what do you think about changing the Power Distribution Board?

Last edited:
Check fans in power supply units (there are 2 of them), check if one of power supply units switch off during plate exposing?
someone from ebay refubrished our laser head for us.

Laser temperature can be checked only in service shell. Command "laser".

can't tell about Power Distr... board. May be do u have another CtP, just change boards and check if it will be working? also - put your laser head into another CtP, if plates will be half exposing - then its head problem.

Last edited:
I followed your suggestions. Both fans work fine. We had both power supply units checked. They both supply power while the laser stops imaging.
Unfortunately as I try to enter ServiceShell i get a licence message. I do not have any dongle or license. Is there another way?

I dont have a second Trendsetter, unfortunatelly. So i wont check by switching boards.
Could you please send me a private message with the contact information to whoever helped you with your laser (refurbished it)?
Thanks again for your suggestions.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back