TRUE crop

kaiserwilhelm

I cannot believe I do not know the answer to this.
Looking at a new piece of equipment
Original PDF was for a print and convert. So, for fun let's say it was 10 x 10 with the front, back, and lower part of the envelope situated on a die.
We cropped down to a rectangle. Say 9.5 x 4.125
Now, all of the extra crap is still on the pdf when select all is done.
This is confounding the place selling the machine.
To me, it is a rectangle. Print what is inside the rectangle? But, it brings the question. Is there a way to permanently delete what is outside the crop box? I tried Tools - Redact - but it through the baby out with the bathwater

You can try Preflight > Fix > Pages > Remove page objects which are completely outside of page area.

Make sure that Art, Trim, and Bleed boxes are set correctly as well.

You'll need Action lists for this, but you won't get everything.
'Remove anything completely outside the Media Box' - Changed that to Trim or Bleed Box
Then for images - 'Crop Images' Action
For Line art - 'Crop Line Art' Action, but be aware this converts strokes to fills as part of the process
Blends, you probably need to convert them to images (see above) to crop them.
Even then you may have Form XObjects and other objects that extend outside the trim, and there's no way to adjust those currently.

You'll need Action lists for this, but you won't get everything.
'Remove anything completely outside the Media Box' - Changed that to Trim or Bleed Box
Then for images - 'Crop Images' Action
For Line art - 'Crop Line Art' Action, but be aware this converts strokes to fills as part of the process
Blends, you probably need to convert them to images (see above) to crop them.
Even then you may have Form XObjects and other objects that extend outside the trim, and there's no way to adjust those currently.
are these objects all the same ( stroke and color ( like registration?)) - Andrew - can't the be selected that way and then removed ?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back