Trueflow 3.1 guidance - Trying to help a friend

rcreveli

Hey all,

A friend of a friend owns a small company where the Pre-press person left suddenly. Since they left they shop has been unable to get a plate out. I know they are using Trueflow 3.1 and printing to a Screen unit. As I understand it the Pre-Press person used to"polish" the PDF's, their words. What happens is when I pdf is sent to the system the file show up but, will have reflow or color issues. My experience is mostly with the Harlequin and AB-Dick version of the same so, I'm a bit out of my comfort zone. I was wondering if it was a PS Level 3 issue. When I ran into those on an older Harlequin it would puke the job and generate a PS error but, the Screen may be different. I'm wondering if the person's polishing was to bring the PDF into illustrator and convert everything to outlines...

Any help as always would be appreciated.
Ray

It's been a while since I've worked with 3.1 but as I remember you dropped a pdf or ps file on to the polisher hot folder. It then optimized the pdf and cleaned it up, this pdf then it output to a folder typically called... PDF Polisher. You then take that pdf and drop it into your job or hot folder.

Similar to what acrobat does today via optimize to your flavor of pdf.
If you are still having problems with the files, try that first, optimize the pdf with acrobat and bring it done a version (1.5) to flatten the pdf. The older RIP's like older flavors of a pdf.

I was working with 3.12 prior to my job change, now on a Rampage system.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back