Trueflow 4.01 Mac Client

cbell

We installed a new Mac workstation running snow leopard 10.6. When running trueflow 4 from it in the job flow area when viewing a pdf softproof, that area is grayed out and doesn't let us view pdf. I also couldn't imput numbers in the page range area when dropping pdf in job workflow folder.

I fixed the page range area by downloading an earlier version of Java. There is also a work around by adding hard brackets around page range in naming of pdf ex. jobname [1-2].pdf.

The not be able to view pdf in softproof is baffling. Any help would be greatly appreciated and will result in a small parade in your honor.

Thanks ~ Chris

Help with Leopard update

Help with Leopard update

I have just updated to Snow Leopard and we are using Truflow v.5.01. My Truflow Client will load, but I cannot get the "job" menu to open up. I can go to recorder progress, hot folders and tickets, impositions, etc. except for the job (which is the one I need the most!) Any suggestions besides upgrading Truflow would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Hi Jac,
read my previous reply above your question. That should solve it. The problem is the fact that new OS X changes the java and you need to enable the older version.

I hate to be stupid about this, but my Snow Leopard DVD doesn't allow me to "unpack" and I looked at custom installs and there wasn't anything pertaining to Java on there. I went to Apple support and downloaded Java 5, but I couldn't install it because it told me that I had already installed a higher version. . . . HELP!!!!

Hi Jac,
start from the point where there is a link to download that java package. The follow the rest of the procedure.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back