Trueflow Imaging Plates

P

pmkprog

Okay. I'm a rookie to Trueflow.
Is there a way that individual plates can be selected for output.
Example: I need just the black plate re-plated on a 4c job.
I don't want to have to reprocess the job or waste plates to get there.

pholt

pholt

Pmkprog,
Select your plate output ticket, then select "edit."
Select "Rip for Recorder" (middle icon), then under the selected icon and to the right is a wrench.
Click on the wrench and select "Output Color Setting" (3rd item down on the left).
Here you will see the list of separations and the option to either "output" or "do not output".
Selective spot colors require another step, let me know if you need more info.

Once we have already plated a job and then re-import it, we don't always have those options. Our systems seems to be causing us to have to re-import or re-process the files every time. Instead of just selecting what we want to output again. Is this just the nature of the system?

If you have the brown bags in your TF (I don't know what that is called - Job Ticket Option I think) then you can recall the job up and print it out again. We make all of our plating tickets have a hand located between the rip for recorder and the plating. We then tell it use the xxx_plate ticket BUT, we hit the Check Ticket Before Execution on all jobs. This allows us to remove the hand on the fly, change what plates we want, and proceed with the job.

Once we have already plated a job and then re-import it, we don't always have those options. Our systems seems to be causing us to have to re-import or re-process the files every time. Instead of just selecting what we want to output again. Is this just the nature of the system?

We have Trueflow 3 Ver3.02 TF210, and I think you're describing the same issue we've always had with this RIP. For jobs that have been images and now reside in "temporary stored," I can use the "re-output for recorder" function to re-output one or more plates, but I can only choose from separations that were imaged the first time around. For example, if I input a new file but only choose to image two of the three spot colors, once the job is in "temporary stored" I only have those two colors from which to choose if I need to re-image the job. The third spot color would not be available in the "reoutput to recorder menu." But if I re-input the file, then I am able to select or deselect any of the separations for output.

This may not be the exact scenario you're describing, though. I have also had issues where when I wanted to select or deselect a separation, the EDIT button was grayed out and I couldn't call up the menu. I've run a quick test on one single page and one multi page document, but I'm having a hard time re-creating that problem.

Do you happen to be using the "gray image" check box?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back